Caustic soda in water bottle poisons customer

NESTLE has admitted to an incident during the processing of a batch of water in which a bottle with caustic soda in it, which poisoned a customer in Viladrau S’Albufera restaurant in Alicante in May last year. The caustic soda got into the bottle following a failure of the automatic dispenser used to clean the containers.

This bottle was one of 153, which have since been tested at the National Toxicology Institute.


FacebookTwitterRedditWhatsAppTelegramLinkedInEmailCopy Link
Go Back
Written by

Euro Weekly News Media

Share your story with us by emailing [email protected], by calling +34 951 38 61 61 or by messaging our Facebook page