By Euro Weekly News Media •
Published: 07 May 2012 • 13:30
AN ELECTRICAL fault is the suspected cause of a fire which destroyed the Maderas Menur warehouses and timber yard belonging to a furniture manucaturer in Coin, according a a local Spanish daily citing sources.
As reported in EWN, a massive fire destroyed much of the 5,000 square metre area in the early hours of Easter Sunday.
Flames were almost eight metres high, causing much alarm amongst local residents, as did explosions caused by tins of varnish and other chemical products stored by the company.
The Junta de Andalucia has announced that it will help to rebuild the business so that they can begin work again as soon as possible.
Maderas Menur is a family-run business which for more than 30 years has been making bespoke furniture and items for the home, employing 70 people.
The Junta de Andalucia had granted them €609,000 before the fire to expand the business and make flat-pack outdoor furniture, which need to be specially treated.
Photo credit: Peter Bennetts By Jennifer Leighfield
Share this story
Subscribe to our Euro Weekly News alerts to get the latest stories into your inbox!
By signing up, you will create a Euro Weekly News account if you don't already have one. Review our
Share your story with us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org, by calling +34 951 38 61 61 or by messaging our Facebook page www.facebook.com/EuroWeeklyNews
Download our media pack in either English or Spanish.