Could local water be behind poisoned pet?

EWN have received a notification from a concerned reader relating to the apparent toxin levels in the Barranco de Quisi in Benissa.

Just over three weeks ago a German lady out horse riding with her dog, passed through the Barranco de Quisi, in Benissa, where there is a small river and ford.

Her dog drank the water and within 20 minutes he had died, allegedly from drinking in the barranco.

We are informed that the dog owner had an autopsy carried out which showed strychnine poisoning was the cause of death.

We have also been advised that other animals have reacted to drinking the waters with several dying.

Until the matter can be clarified pet owners are advised to exercise caution in the barranco, whose waters also flow through Calpe at Emperdrola 2 and out to sea.

There have been no other know reports of this but if any readers have experience similar situation please email EWN [email protected]

By Paul Deed

FacebookTwitterRedditWhatsAppTelegramLinkedInEmailCopy Link
Go Back
Written by

Euro Weekly News Media

Share your story with us by emailing newsdes[email protected], by calling +34 951 38 61 61 or by messaging our Facebook page