By Euro Weekly News Media • 09 January 2013 • 13:12
BODYWORKS HEALTH CLINIC
IN the run up to Christmas many of us put off dealing with niggling health issues or concerns – we don’t want bad news just before the holidays or we simply don’t have time to start anything that may take a while to resolve. So January becomes the time when we can finally do something.
Many of us make New Year’s resolutions to “lose weight” and “get fit” but perhaps we should also think about our health for the coming year. Maybe on your list of New Year’s resolutions should be getting that pain in your back or your knees sorted so why not make 2013 the year you take charge of your health?
Here are a few tips:
Get to know your body.
Pay attention and get to know your body. Any changes can indicate problems. Key changes to look out for are:
If you are in pain or discomfort and this has been going on for more than 48 hours, get professional help! The sooner you get professional help the quicker the problem will be resolved and importantly, the cheaper will be the cost!
Being sick and in pain is scary stuff but when it comes to your body, you are your own best advocate so you need to take charge. If you aren’t 100 per cent happy with the advice or recommendations that have been given, get a second or even a third opinion. All health care professionals should be confident enough in their recommendations that they are happy if you seek another opinion. Also, always ask WHY something is being recommended and ask what other options there may be. Taking drugs or getting an injection may not be the best for you.
Get a health check
We all know that our cars work better if we get them serviced regularly, in fact manufacturers often won’t honour a guarantee without such servicing. Our bodies are far more complex than cars so get a check-up – a review that all your systems are working and that there are no “warning lights”. This is money well spent if it means you can prevent more serious problems from occurring later.
Think about what doctors can’t fix
The conventional healthcare system affects as little as 10 per cent of your health. The remaining 90 per cent of health outcomes are determined by factors over which only you have control, lifestyle choices, social conditions, diet and nutrition, and your environment. Take steps to enhance your own well being and you’ll be healthier than relying solely on the healthcare system.
Take charge of yourself in 2013!
For information on Full Body Screening or indeed how we can help in any other way, contact The Bodyworks Health Clinic on 952 883 151 or visit www.TheBodyworksClinic.com.
Share this story
Subscribe to our Euro Weekly News alerts to get the latest stories into your inbox!
By signing up, you will create a Euro Weekly News account if you don’t already have one. Review our
Share your story with us by emailing [email protected], by calling +34 951 38 61 61 or by messaging our Facebook page www.facebook.com/EuroWeeklyNews
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *
Download our media pack in either English or Spanish.