By Euro Weekly News Media •
Published: 25 Jan 2013 • 13:55
MORE than 20 dogs have died due to drinking the water of the River Quisi in Benissa. Some pets have been saved as their owners have managed to get them to the vet quickly.
I have advised people walking their dogs in the area not to allow their animals to drink this contaminated water.
Even the weeds have turned red in places. The Guardia Civil had been advised at the time but I dont think anything has been done.
Apparently hunters put down poison to eradicate foxes which destroy their game. This river water is crystal clear with no visible signs of poison. It runs on through Urbanisation Rafol and into the sea at the dry river bed in Calpe.
Marion Fisher, Benissa (Alicante)
Share this story
Subscribe to our Euro Weekly News alerts to get the latest stories into your inbox!
By signing up, you will create a Euro Weekly News account if you don't already have one. Review our
Share your story with us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org, by calling +34 951 38 61 61 or by messaging our Facebook page www.facebook.com/EuroWeeklyNews
Download our media pack in either English or Spanish.