By Euro Weekly News Media • 09 October 2013 • 10:25
TWO-HUNDRED residents were evicted from a nursing home in Alicante after a fire broke out.
The blaze is believed to have started when a 75 year-old resident tried to light a cigarette. A nearby bottle of oxygen caused an explosion in the man’s room causing a fire and the eviction of the residents plus 30 employees. The man suffered burns to his hands and a woman, aged 77, was treated for smoke inhalation. Three employees also suffered minor injuries.
Share this story
Subscribe to our Euro Weekly News alerts to get the latest stories into your inbox!
By signing up, you will create a Euro Weekly News account if you don’t already have one. Review our
Share your story with us by emailing [email protected], by calling +34 951 38 61 61 or by messaging our Facebook page www.facebook.com/EuroWeeklyNews
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *
Download our media pack in either English or Spanish.