By Euro Weekly News Media • 05 November 2013 • 17:03
FIREFIGHTERS rescued a woman from her home as she slept during a blaze in the property.
Fire crews were called to the flat in urbanisation Jardin Botanico, in calle Orihuela, Torrevieja, after the caretaker spotted the fire on the fourth floor of one of the residential blocks.
Suspecting the tenant was inside they broke the glass of a window in the gallery to access the property to find the woman sleeping, unaware of the fire.
Investigations found the fire to have been started by a short circuit in electrical equipment.
Share this story
Subscribe to our Euro Weekly News alerts to get the latest stories into your inbox!
By signing up, you will create a Euro Weekly News account if you don’t already have one. Review our
Share your story with us by emailing [email protected], by calling +34 951 38 61 61 or by messaging our Facebook page www.facebook.com/EuroWeeklyNews
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *
Download our media pack in either English or Spanish.