By Euro Weekly News Media • 06 November 2013 • 15:32
WARNING: Burns victim Amy pictured with her mother Ashley.
A MOTHER has sent out a warning to youngsters to never play with fire after her daughter suffered severe burns in an accident with an aerosol can.
Amy Noddings, 13, was taken to the Intensive Care Unit of Malaga’s Children’s Hospital suffering second and third degree burns to 40 per cent of her body.
Her mum, Ashley, has asked for a photo of Amy in intensive care to be published to warn children of the dangers of playing with fire.
Amy, who is her first year at the IES La Cala secondary school, was with a friend on the beach near her home in La Cala de Mijas, Malaga. It is thought they were playing with an aerosol spray and setting light to the gas when it exploded. Amy suffered the most severe injuries to her torso, arms and thighs, as well as burns to her face.
Ashley said: “Maybe children do not realise the danger. But I hope that by seeing the picture of Amy they will think twice about what they are doing. I do not want any other child to have to go through what Amy is going through now.”
At the time of going to press Amy was still in hospital receiving treatment for the severe burns, with her mother at her side. She is expected to stay in intensive care for between one and two weeks.
Share this story
Subscribe to our Euro Weekly News alerts to get the latest stories into your inbox!
By signing up, you will create a Euro Weekly News account if you don’t already have one. Review our
Share your story with us by emailing [email protected], by calling +34 951 38 61 61 or by messaging our Facebook page www.facebook.com/EuroWeeklyNews
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *
Download our media pack in either English or Spanish.