Man dies after eating poisonous mushroom

A MAN, 78, died in Olvega, Soria, after eating a poisonous fungus.

The fungus, probably a variety known as death cap, was picked by the victim more than a week before he died in the intensive care unit of a local hospital. The symptoms appeared six hours after he ate them, starting with vomiting and diarrhoea, and led to liver, kidney and multiple organ failure.

Regional authorities have asked people to take care when picking and eating mushrooms, especially if they differ from the most common varieties. 

FacebookTwitterRedditWhatsAppTelegramLinkedInEmailCopy Link
Go Back
Written by

Euro Weekly News Media

Share your story with us by emailing [email protected], by calling +34 951 38 61 61 or by messaging our Facebook page www.facebook.com/EuroWeeklyNews

Comments


    Leave a comment

    Your email address will not be published.