Girl hospitalized after space cakes

Photo of Iranian President Ebrahim Raisi. Credit: Wikipedia By Tasnim News Agency, CC BY 4.0, https://commons.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?curid=58384533

A nine-year-old girl has been taken to hospital after eating cup cakes laced with marihuana which were bought from a street stall at the Fira per la Terra fair in Barcelona.

 

Her father bought her the cakes without knowing they were adulterated and around two hours later the girl began to feel ill and even fell over due to dizziness.

She was immediately taken to the hospital where doctors ascertained that she had ingested a psychotropic substance – specifically marihuana.

The girl stayed overnight in the hospital for observation and was let go the next day in good health.

The police were alerted and began looking for the vendors of the cakes.

They soon found the two women who were, at that time, selling biscuits which had a very strong odour of marihuana.

That same day doctors at the same hospital treated a woman who had come in complaining of, among other symptoms, dizziness, a dry mouth and increased heart rate.

She explained that she had bought some strawberry biscuits from two women at the fair.

The two women who sold the adulterated sweets have been remanded into custody and stand accused of crimes against public health.

FacebookTwitterRedditWhatsAppTelegramLinkedInEmailCopy Link
Go Back
Written by

Euro Weekly News Media

Share your story with us by emailing [email protected], by calling +34 951 38 61 61 or by messaging our Facebook page www.facebook.com/EuroWeeklyNews

Comments


    Leave a comment

    Your email address will not be published.