Vomiting bug wreaks havoc

SEVENTY British holidaymakers caught a nasty vomiting bug on the Balearic Islands.

Several children had to be rushed to local hospitals and some families have said the bug seems to be out of a horror movie, which does not sound pleasant at all. As many as 50 tourists are said to have fallen ill at Club Mac Alcudia in Mallorca and another 20 at Stil Victoria Playa in Menorca.

“It was just awful and poor Faye was so ill she ended up in the hospital,” said a mother of two from Washington, Tyne and Wear talking to The Mirror. “There were kids being sick everywhere, left, right and centre,” she added. The 32-year-old holidaymaker was staying at Club Mac Alcudia with her partner and children Nathan (9) and Faye (3).

A group of outraged holidaymakers posted complaints on TripAdvisor about their nightmarish stay at Stil Victoria Playa. “The food was poor throughout our stay and some food from the snack bar was terrible with chicken kebabs undercooked. We all became ill with the sickness bug with my four-year-old son getting it the worst. We confined ourselves to our room for 24 hours,” said a woman from Manchester.

“By day two, children were being sick all around us, in the dining room and around the pool. I can’t help but wonder why this is the second year running that this hotel has been plagued by bugs when other hotels of a similar standard are not,” said another concerned holidaymaker.

This comes after another bug affected a whopping 100 British tourists at an Egyptian holiday resort. The outbreak was blamed on poor hygienic conditions and dirty buffet containers.

Author badge placeholder
Written by

Euro Weekly News Media

Share your story with us by emailing newsdesk@euroweeklynews.com, by calling +34 951 38 61 61 or by messaging our Facebook page www.facebook.com/EuroWeeklyNews