By Euro Weekly News Media • 11 August 2014 • 10:35
Most cases of monkeypox in Madrid are associated with a sauna.
An explosion caused by butane gas has killed a woman and injured three more people in Lleida, Cataluña. The State Fire Service confirmed that at around 11pm last night the incident occurred in a block of flats situated in the old quarter of the city.
The woman was blown into the square, Plaza de la Salt, by the force of the explosion, whilst three others were taken to hospital due to injuries caused by the smoke. The authorities have confirmed that the structure of the building was not damaged, although the occupants were evacuated as a precautionary measure.
The explosion affected flats on the fifth floor, and according to a fire service spokesperson a preliminary investigation suggested that it could have been a deliberate act.
Rafael Peris, the acting mayor of Lleida, stated that those who suffered injuries were not in a serious condition, and that the building was relatively new. He added that the fire service had extinguished the flames and aired out the building by 12.30am.
The emergency number, 112, was called by 40 people to report the incident.
Share this story
Subscribe to our Euro Weekly News alerts to get the latest stories into your inbox!
By signing up, you will create a Euro Weekly News account if you don’t already have one. Review our
Share your story with us by emailing [email protected], by calling +34 951 38 61 61 or by messaging our Facebook page www.facebook.com/EuroWeeklyNews
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *
Downlaod our media pack in either English or Spanish.