Mallorca fiesta tragedy, teenager electrocuted whilst urinating

Image: @aste113/ Twitter

A TEENAGE reveller has sadly died whilst partying at a festival in Mallorca.

The 18-year-old died at a music festival in Bunyola, Mallorca in the early hours of Saturday morning, 31st August. The circumstances surrounding the young man’s death are still being investigated, but reports indicate he died after being electrocuted whilst urinating against a lamp-post.

Emergency services attended the scene but were unable to revive the reveller.

The tragedy occurred at one of Mallorca’s biggest music festivals attracting party-goers to enjoy the live music, DJs and fiesta celebrations in what is normally a quiet town of approximately 6,000 in population.

Mayor Jaume Isern of Bunyola has offered his condolences to the teenager’s family.

The festival and celebrations were cancelled following the death of the teenager.

A full investigation is underway; early indications suggest a possibility that the stream of urine would have served as a conductor allowing electricity to pass from the lamp-post to the reach the victim’s body.

FacebookTwitterRedditWhatsAppTelegramLinkedInEmailCopy Link
Go Back
Written by

Euro Weekly News Media

Share your story with us by emailing [email protected], by calling +34 951 38 61 61 or by messaging our Facebook page www.facebook.com/EuroWeeklyNews

Comments


    Leave a comment

    Your email address will not be published.