By Euro Weekly News Media • 02 September 2014 • 9:58
JUAME ISERN, the mayor of Bunyola has been charged with the death of a teenager who died on Sunday morning after touching a street light.
An autopsy yesterday confirmed that the young man, David G.G. had died last Sunday from a cardiac arrest due to electrocution. The boy,18 who lived in Palma, had gone to Bunyola for the ‘Feria de los quintos’ and died when he touched the street lamp. It was also revealed in the autopsy that the boy suffered a severe blow to the head as a result of a fall when his friend had tried to separate him from the lamp by his clothing.
The Guardia Civil who investigated the case, reported that the street lamp had not been maintained for many years and there was no breaker fuse. The report went on to say that the town hall recognised that the street light had been in a bad state for decades but did not know why no one had fixed it.
Flowers in memory of the boy were laid by the street light where he was electrocuted.
The police cordoned off the street lights in that area and the electric box they are connected to remained cordoned off by the police pending further investigation.
Share this story
Subscribe to our Euro Weekly News alerts to get the latest stories into your inbox!
By signing up, you will create a Euro Weekly News account if you don’t already have one. Review our
Share your story with us by emailing [email protected], by calling +34 951 38 61 61 or by messaging our Facebook page www.facebook.com/EuroWeeklyNews
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *
Download our media pack in either English or Spanish.