By Euro Weekly News Media • 05 September 2014 • 14:44
UPDATE: POLICE have stopped the search for 15-year-old Mónica Sofía Mendes, who returned home early this morning at 12.30am.
Mendes, who had been missing from her home in Velez Malaga since Wednesday, has declined to talk much about where she was, according to her mother, Silvia Mendes.
It appears that her daughter had run off with her boyfriend, who at 25, is 10 years her senior.
They returned home after seeing that the Guardia Civil had begun a missing person search for Mónica.
ORIGINAL STORY: NATIONAL POLICE have launched an investigation to find the whereabouts of a missing teen.
Guardia Civil and National Police officers in Velez-Malaga are looking into the disappearance of a 15-year-old teen who allegedly went missing on Wednesday. Monica Mendes reportedly told her parents she was going to visit a friend and has not been seen since.
Her parents went to the police on Wednesday night to report her as missing. Monica, they said, had no documents, no phone or money at the time of her disappearance. She was wearing denim shorts and a light blue strap top.
It appears the mother of the missing teen got a message on her cell phone on Thursday saying she was fine and was never coming back. Her parents think she may have run away with her 25-year-old boyfriend, but not willingly.
Those who may have information regarding her current whereabouts are asked to call 091 or 062.
Share this story
Subscribe to our Euro Weekly News alerts to get the latest stories into your inbox!
By signing up, you will create a Euro Weekly News account if you don’t already have one. Review our
Share your story with us by emailing [email protected], by calling +34 951 38 61 61 or by messaging our Facebook page www.facebook.com/EuroWeeklyNews
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *
Download our media pack in either English or Spanish.