By Euro Weekly News Media • 10 September 2014 • 14:07
THE third annual Benidorm Pride, is set to be even more fabulous this year, as it has quickly become the hottest gay community event of the year in the Costa Blanca city.
The seven day event organised by the ALGTB (Benidorm’s very first association for Lesbians, Gays, Transsexuals and Bisexuals), kicked off on Monday, with parties all over the city celebrating the opening, discounted food and drink at every corner and an international art exhibition displayed in the town hall.
The weekend sees the majority of the activities unfold with the main parade taking place on Saturday, September 13 at 6pm. The theme for the procession this year is ‘LOVE.’ The colourful and extravagant display of beautiful people adorned in glitter, sparkles, and diamanté fancy dress will run along the main street (Avenida Mediterráneo) and end at the Julio Iglesias Auditorium, ready for the evening’s entertainment.
Friday September 12
• Tapa and wine route at participating establishments- old town
• 19.00 – 21.00 Main stage opening party with international DJ
• 21.30 – 00.00 Main stage – Pride Arena – Line up of local artists – TBA, Boys of Benidorm – underwear fashion show sponsored by Andrew Christian
• 00.00 parties organised by bars and clubs in the old town
Saturday September 13
• 16.00 -18.00 Pride Parade – Rincon de Loix
• 18.00 – 21.00 – After Parade party – International DJ – Pride Arena
• 21.30 – 00.00 Main stage – Pride Arena – showcasing home-grown and International artists
Sunday September 14
Share this story
Subscribe to our Euro Weekly News alerts to get the latest stories into your inbox!
By signing up, you will create a Euro Weekly News account if you don’t already have one. Review our
Share your story with us by emailing [email protected], by calling +34 951 38 61 61 or by messaging our Facebook page www.facebook.com/EuroWeeklyNews
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *
Download our media pack in either English or Spanish.