By Euro Weekly News Media • 23 September 2014 • 11:04
THE 2014 Fifa World Cup in Brazil seems to have had an unlikely effect on the beauty industry.
Together with the run up to the 2016 Rio Olympics Brazilian influence is resonating dramatically in the beauty and personal care category – and new research from market analysts Mintel reveals just how much influence it has.
Only 10 per cent of recent skincare launches inspired by Brazilian lifestyles and ingredients were actually released in Brazil, while 90 per cent of new Brazilian inspired products were launched in the rest of the world.
This influence is seen largely on the ingredients platform, with products featuring one of four key claims such as ‘Brazilian,’ ‘from Brazil,’ ‘sourced from Brazil’ or ‘inspired by Brazil.’ And it seems Brazilian haircare is also inspiring the global market.
While previously the vast majority of haircare product launches specifying the use of saltfree formulations were found in the Brazilian market, this is slowly changing.
So far in 2014, Brazil has accounted for 65 per cent and the rest of the world for 35 per cent of such product launches, compared to 95 per cent and 5 per cent respectively in 2011.
Vivienne Rudd, Global Director of Insight, Beauty & Personal Care, at Mintel, said: “Brazil has traditionally been seen as an incredibly rich source of natural ingredients but today it is an inspiring beauty market in its own right.
“The Brazilian determination to look as good as possible whatever the cost is driving the country’s beauty market forward and is encouraging Brazilian and multinational companies to step up their efforts, creating products that Brazilians can buy at home or on their travels.
Share this story
Subscribe to our Euro Weekly News alerts to get the latest stories into your inbox!
By signing up, you will create a Euro Weekly News account if you don’t already have one. Review our
Share your story with us by emailing [email protected], by calling +34 951 38 61 61 or by messaging our Facebook page www.facebook.com/EuroWeeklyNews
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *
Download our media pack in either English or Spanish.