By Euro Weekly News Media • 24 October 2014 • 8:47
Image of Mark Zuckerberg.
On Sunday October 19 a Gerona couple collected wild mushrooms which they decided to eat for dinner.
The following day, the 56-year-old woman started to feel ill and went to the Santa Caterina de Salt Hospital in Gerona, Cataluña, where she was seen by doctors and then sent home.
At 4pm on Wednesday October 22 she was admitted to Josep Trueta Hospital and died four hours later due to multiple organ failure. Her husband, who also ate the mushrooms, was also admitted to hospital but declared stable and not in danger.
Tests determined that the patient had eaten Amanita Phalloides, a highly toxic mushroom.
Share this story
Subscribe to our Euro Weekly News alerts to get the latest stories into your inbox!
By signing up, you will create a Euro Weekly News account if you don’t already have one. Review our
Share your story with us by emailing [email protected], by calling +34 951 38 61 61 or by messaging our Facebook page www.facebook.com/EuroWeeklyNews
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *
Download our media pack in either English or Spanish.