By Euro Weekly News Media • 19 January 2015 • 12:42
OSCAR: Brazilian plays for Chelsea.
THE ties to be played January 24/25/26 are as follows:
Aston Villa v AFC Bournemouth Birmingham City v West Brom Albion Blackburn Rovers v Swansea City Brighton & HA v Arsenal Cambridge United v Manchester United Cardiff City v Reading Chelsea v Millwall/Bradford City Derby County v Scunthorpe/Chesterfield Doncaster/Bristol City v Everton/West Ham Ipswich/Southampton v Crystal Palace Liverpool v Bolton Wanderers Manchester City v Middlesbrough Preston North End v Sheffield United Rochdale v Stoke City Sunderland v Fulham/Wolves Tottenham/Burnley v Leicester City
• Holders Arsenal, who have won the trophy 26 times, will not find it easy at Hove!
• Cambridge were a non-League team last season and could have a record gate of 9,000 for the visit of 27-time winners Manchester United.
• Birmingham City and WBA met in the 1931 final when the Baggies won 2-1.
• It’s possible that only seven Premiership teams could be at home and six away.
• The biggest fourth round crowds will be at Anfield and the Etihad Stadium.
• The only all-Championship tie features Cardiff v Reading, while the only League One clash will be between Preston and Sheffield United.
• Rochdale have only reached the fifth round twice, in 1990 and 2003.
• The only Premiership side left in the competition that hasn’t reached the final is Swansea, who reached the semi-finals in 1926 and 1964.
• Chelsea have appeared in four of last eight finals.
Share this story
Subscribe to our Euro Weekly News alerts to get the latest stories into your inbox!
By signing up, you will create a Euro Weekly News account if you don’t already have one. Review our
Share your story with us by emailing [email protected], by calling +34 951 38 61 61 or by messaging our Facebook page www.facebook.com/EuroWeeklyNews
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *
Downlaod our media pack in either English or Spanish.