By Euro Weekly News Media • 06 February 2015 • 8:33
A CAMPAIGN to encourage dog owners to clean up after their pets, and control any bad doggy behaviour in public, continues in Mijas.
Agriculture councillor Jose Antonio Sanchez Peña explained that thanks to the campaign an estimated 70 per cent of local owners now cleaned up after their dogs in public, but the remaining 30 per cent still needed to learn to do so.
Information can be obtained from the council offices in Las Lagunas on talks a canine educator offers groups of dog owners on animal behaviour in public.
“Educating an animal isn’t all that hard, it doesn’t require much effort. We should all ensure our dogs behave well in public and this is the opportunity for those who don’t know how to learn,” the councillor explained.
Owners are reminded that leaving dog mess on public streets can result in fines of up to €750.
Share this story
Subscribe to our Euro Weekly News alerts to get the latest stories into your inbox!
By signing up, you will create a Euro Weekly News account if you don’t already have one. Review our
Share your story with us by emailing [email protected], by calling +34 951 38 61 61 or by messaging our Facebook page www.facebook.com/EuroWeeklyNews
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *
Downlaod our media pack in either English or Spanish.