By Euro Weekly News Media • 02 March 2015 • 15:09
A WARNING has gone out to dog walkers to beware of poison after five dogs were found dead in a Spanish country area.
The animals all swallowed poison in the area where Mijas and Ojen land meets in the province of Malaga.
While the Seprona Nature Protection Branch of the Guardia Civil has started investigations to track down the culprit, Mijas council has warned that more poisoned traps have been found in the area and called for citizens to collaborate.
“We want to ask for anyone in the area who has seen anything or whose pet has also been poisoned to get in touch as traps with poison have been found. We also want to warn people who walk their pets in the area to be extremely careful,” Health councillor Mar Rios explained.
If anyone sees anything strange in the area or their pet is poisoned, the councilors urged citizens to call the Local Police force on 952 460 909.
Share this story
Subscribe to our Euro Weekly News alerts to get the latest stories into your inbox!
By signing up, you will create a Euro Weekly News account if you don’t already have one. Review our
Share your story with us by emailing [email protected], by calling +34 951 38 61 61 or by messaging our Facebook page www.facebook.com/EuroWeeklyNews
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *
Downlaod our media pack in either English or Spanish.