Update: Police yet to name Liverpool man found dead alongside family in Gibraltar

THE name of the Liverpool man, found dead alongside his family at Boschetti’s Steps, will be withheld until his relatives arrive in Gibraltar, reports the Liverpool Echo.

The bodies of the two children were today removed from the crime scene as investigators continued to search for clues. The bodies of the two adults will remain in the flat ahead of the arrival of an expert pathologist from London tomorrow.

A murder investigation is underway but police are not looking for anyone else in connection with the deaths.

Royal Gibraltar Police said in a statement: “There has been and continues to be a lot of speculation in this very unfortunate event, but the investigating team are not prepared at this moment in time to elaborate on this, other than to stress that the scene of investigation has not been an easy environment to work in and that the deceased did have wounds to their bodies.”

Acting Superintendent Wayne Tunbridge, the senior investigating officer at the RGP, said nothing had been ruled out at this early stage in the investigation, which is being handled by the Serious Crimes Unit.

UK Home Office pathologists will fly in on Wednesday and Thursday to begin the job of inspecting the bodies.

All related articles

FacebookTwitterRedditWhatsAppTelegramLinkedInEmailCopy Link
Go Back
Written by

Euro Weekly News Media

Share your story with us by emailing [email protected], by calling +34 951 38 61 61 or by messaging our Facebook page www.facebook.com/EuroWeeklyNews

Comments


    Leave a comment

    Your email address will not be published.