By Euro Weekly News Media • 15 July 2015 • 6:41
SEVERAL residents of El Ejido and Almerimar have been alerted to a possible case of dog poisoning in the area.“My dog Malu, was the first one affected,” said Ruben Campoy to Spanish daily IDEAL, a neighbour of Almerimar and owner of the dead 16-month-old Jack Russell, Malu: “I was playing with her near the Plaza Batel when I noticed she looked dizzy. She then vomited and later on had other symptoms like diarrhoea. I took her to the vet but she died within 40 minutes.”But Ruben’s is not the only case. At least three other dogs have already died after eating sausages and meat laced with poison and residents of the area are concerned children could also eat these deadly meals by accident.“My dad went for a walk with our year-and-a-half Teckel near the Plaza Batel,” said another resident: “He noticed she was acting weird and we took her to the vet where they performed a stomach pump, but she did not last more than half an hour.”Similar cases have also been reported in the area of Ejido Norte, specifically, in a land plot near Calle Manolo Escobar.The Local Police force explained that they have been alerted to these cases and that surveillance and cleaning works have been reinforced in the areas. They also advised pet owners to avoid them when walking their dogs.
Share this story
Subscribe to our Euro Weekly News alerts to get the latest stories into your inbox!
By signing up, you will create a Euro Weekly News account if you don’t already have one. Review our
Share your story with us by emailing [email protected], by calling +34 951 38 61 61 or by messaging our Facebook page www.facebook.com/EuroWeeklyNews
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *
Download our media pack in either English or Spanish.