Former Calpe councillor dies from electric shock in Teulada

A MAN died after being electrocuted in the basement of a house in Cami de Baydal on the outskirts of Teulada. The deceased is 63-year-old Eugenio León Cardona, a well-known figure and former councillor of Calpe. 

He gave up politics in the 80s and went into private business, becoming a popular local employer. The house in Teulada belongs to his wife’s family.  

Cardona was handling electrical wiring in the basement at around 10pm on Saturday August 1 when the accident occurred. Indications are that he died instantly from a severe electric shock. 

The family called the emergency services immediately and the scene was attended promptly by a Health Civil Protection unit and also the Guardia Civil. Paramedics tried to revive the victim but sadly were unable to save his life. The body was removed late on Saturday evening for post mortem examination.

Author badge placeholder
Written by

Euro Weekly News Media

Share your story with us by emailing, by calling +34 951 38 61 61 or by messaging our Facebook page