Cadiz bar closes after customers fall ill

Police detain over 400 protestors in Yerevan Armenia following Azerbaijan dispute Credit: Twitter @SabellaEdmond

A BAR in Cadiz is accused of accidentally poisoning some of its customers who came in to eat a meal there, according to reports from February 9. 

Some 66 people became ill after allegedly consuming tortilla at the local bar, which has been named in the press as ´Grimaldi.´ The diners´ symptoms are said to include abdominal pain, diarrhea, fever and vomiting. 

The Andalucian Public Health Service in Cadiz has confirmed that more than 20 people affected were hospitalised. The authority is awaiting post-mortem examination results to reveal whether a 26-year-old man with a pre-existing heart condition, who died shortly after visiting the bar, was also poisoned.  

As soon as health officials became aware of a string of customers allegedly suffering salmonella-like symptoms, the city centre bar was closed down.   

The head of Cadiz Public Health Services, Andres Rabadan, addressed concerns about the health of the victims at a press conference today, confirming that those hospitalised were making good progress and that any “worrisome” cases were over the worst.  

FacebookTwitterRedditWhatsAppTelegramLinkedInEmailCopy Link
Go Back
Written by

Euro Weekly News Media

Share your story with us by emailing [email protected], by calling +34 951 38 61 61 or by messaging our Facebook page www.facebook.com/EuroWeeklyNews

Comments


    Leave a comment

    Your email address will not be published.