What is the Spanish tax threshold?

CONFUSING CRITERIA: Hassle free help and advice to get your affairs in order.

ARE you still confused about the criteria which decides if you are obliged to submit a tax return to the Spanish Authorities or not?

We receive lots of enquiries from clients who are really confused about the €22,000 threshold. You must understand that this limit only applies to people who receive one income from a single source, but this only applies to incomes on PAYE in Spain. Income received from other countries, for example English pensions, which are not subject to PAYE in Spain, have a lower threshold and this is €12,000.

Incomes from foreign sources (i.e. UK) over €12,000 a year have to be declared to the Spanish authorities on the annual income tax return. However, it is often worth submitting a Spanish Tax Return even when your income is under the threshold of €12,000. Please contact us and we will kindly explain the reasons why.

UK Tax Refund has rectified many Spanish Tax Returns brought to us by new clients on their initial visit to our office, and have obtained tax refunds for incorrectly paid tax to the Spanish Tax Office. This is not easy to achieve, as you can imagine the amount of documents that are normally required by the Spanish Tax Office, and more so when requesting a tax refund.

 When completing the Spanish Tax Return it is also important to declare correctly other forms of income like interest or dividends deriving from the UK, here we have also seen a variety of errors.

The Spanish Tax Office controls are intensifying and giving your tax affairs impeccable treatment, both in Spain and in the UK will give you reassurance and peace of mind.

Also, if you own property in the UK which you are considering selling and are a resident of Spain, before doing anything find out what the consequences would be and how it affects you taxwise. With the correct advice any decision you make will lead you in the right direction, meaning payment of less tax.

Do not leave something as important as your tax affairs in the hands of inexperienced people. UK Tax Refund SL, registered agents with HMRC, will ensure every detail is taken into account. We will also assist you, if need be, to complete and submit your Annual Self-Assessment tax return to HMRC. 

What is more important is that more than 95 per cent of people when beginning to pay taxes in Spain are entitled to receive a tax refund from HMRC in the UK.

Consult with UK Tax Refund SL, who is able to deal with your UK tax affairs on your behalf with HMRC and make dealings between both countries easier and hassle free.

The service UK Tax Refund provides not only recovers any overpaid tax, but as part of the process ensures your Spanish tax obligations are met and all your UK tax affairs are in order.

For more information call 965 636 938 or email michelle.hamil [email protected]


FacebookTwitterRedditWhatsAppTelegramLinkedInEmailCopy Link
Go Back
Written by

Euro Weekly News Media

Share your story with us by emailing [email protected], by calling +34 951 38 61 61 or by messaging our Facebook page www.facebook.com/EuroWeeklyNews


    Leave a comment

    Your email address will not be published.