More on water damage


I HAVE an underground parking space in our building, and I recently observed water dripping from the ceiling. The floor was already covered with water. I reported to the Administrator, who informed the Insurance of the Community. The next day, an expert came to observe the damage. At that time the water drip had stopped. The specialist reported that the water drip was caused by the water company when they changed a water meter. The water had damaged my golf cart, so I expected the Insurance of the Community to cover the damage. The Administration informed me that the Insurance policy of the Community does not cover the damage as the cause was not a Community failure. I cannot accept this and ask you how to proceed.

P.M. (Costa Blanca)


FIRST, the water company is responsible for the problem and you must contact them directly. They should have reported it when the flooding happened. Take the insurance company report of the incident. Perhaps you have your own homeowner’s insurance. If not, you may need a lawyer.

Send your questions for David Searl through lawyers Ubeda-Retana and Associates in Fuengirola at, or call 952 667 090.

Author badge placeholder
Written by

David Searl

You and the law in spain Send your questions for David Searl through lawyers Ubeda-Retana and Associates in Fuengirola at, or call 952 667 090.