‘Defecation’ in pool causes mass parasite outbreak among Brits in Tenerife

Rebekah Vardy - Image Feature Flash Agency / Shutterstock.com

BRITISH lawyers are deliberating over whether to sue a holiday firm after dozens of tourists caught parasites during a stay at a Tenerife hotel, reportedly because guests had been defecating in the pool.

The 518-room, four star Holiday Village Be Live hotel has closed all of its pools for chemical treatment after a deluge of complaints from British holidaymakers who fell ill after a splash.

First Choice, the travel firm who work with the hotel, said that all customers affected had been offered compensation but holiday claim specialists are unlikely to let it lie.

Some guests reportedly tested positive for cryptosporidium, a parasite that causes serious gastrointestinal issues, when checked by their GPs back home.

FacebookTwitterRedditWhatsAppTelegramLinkedInEmailCopy Link
Go Back
Written by

Euro Weekly News Media

Share your story with us by emailing [email protected], by calling +34 951 38 61 61 or by messaging our Facebook page www.facebook.com/EuroWeeklyNews

Comments


    Leave a comment

    Your email address will not be published.