By Euro Weekly News Media • 10 July 2017 • 10:55
HOT SPOT: Alicante
SPAIN is the most popular European country for Britons looking to relocate or buy a second home abroad according to research by property website Rightmove.
More than 2.5 million searches for properties in Spain are made from the UK every month based on figures compiled over the past year.
France is the second most searched-for location in Europe followed closely by Italy.
Alicante was the most searched-for property destination in Spain. According to Rightmove, 62% of inquiries relating to Alicante are for houses, while the remaining 38% are for flats or apartments.
The website found that searches for properties in sunny Spain are particularly popular with people living in Glasgow and Liverpool.
Chris Please, head of Rightmove Overseas, said: “Over 12 months, we received an average of 2.5 million searches a month for property in Spain, indicating just how in-demand this sunny country is for property seekers.
“Whether it’s the large expat community, the sunny climate, the food or simply the easy transition into relaxed Spanish culture that has Britons enthralled, Spain’s proximity to the UK, cheap flights and short travel time has it consistently emerging as one of the most popular property destinations abroad.”
According to Rightmove here are the 10 most popular searched-for destinations in Europe, based on the average numbers of monthly searches on its website over the past year:
• Data from Rightmove Overseas
Share this story
Subscribe to our Euro Weekly News alerts to get the latest stories into your inbox!
By signing up, you will create a Euro Weekly News account if you don’t already have one. Review our
Share your story with us by emailing [email protected], by calling +34 951 38 61 61 or by messaging our Facebook page www.facebook.com/EuroWeeklyNews
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *
Downlaod our media pack in either English or Spanish.