Brit teen dies of ‘drug overdose’ during rave in Salou

Can you ignore these rescued kittens? Credit: Gift of Life Facebook

A BRITISH teenager has died of a suspected drug overdose during a 16 hour rave in Salou.

Alex Masterton collapsed during the party near Barcelona where friends said despite soaring temperatures, people still had to pay €4 for a small bottle of water in 15 minute queues. 

He died several hours after being taken to hospital of a cardiac arrest according to reports.

The 19-year-old was celebrating the end of his A-levels and according to reports, police suspect the teen had died due to a drugs overdose.

“Paramedics on site treated three people who they say suffered suspected drug overdoses,” a source from the Mossos d’Esquadra told news outlets.

A friend, named only as Miles, told Spanish media that Alex had taken ecstasy.

“The heat was unbearable. Nobody spoke English and the security guards were really moody.

“We knew that Alex had taken pills. Then he collapsed,” he added.

FacebookTwitterRedditWhatsAppTelegramLinkedInEmailCopy Link
Go Back
Written by

Euro Weekly News Media

Share your story with us by emailing [email protected], by calling +34 951 38 61 61 or by messaging our Facebook page


    Leave a comment

    Your email address will not be published.