How to quiet noisy renters?

We need your advice on a problem with a detached property behind our house with private pool. The owner lives in Scandinavia and rents out this property for most of the year. It is advertised on websites.They have a local property manager who welcomes the people and handles cleaning. We and other neighbours have been kept awake by loud partying around the pool long after midnight. Who is responsible? Should we notify the town hall or the police? As this is a business, is there a way to formally complain? Should the house be registered with the local authority for rental and how can we check if it is?

P S (By email)


Try phoning the property manager after midnight when the noise becomes loud. Then call the Local Police. Encourage your neighbours to call too. If your absent owner advertises on the web, his advert must feature his registration number for tourist rentals. If he does not have this, he can be subject to heavy fines. The website can also be fined. If your property manager is a business, you can complain to the OMIC, consumer advice municipal office.

Send your questions for David Searl through lawyers Ubeda-Retana and Associates in Fuengirola at [email protected], or call 952 667 090.

FacebookTwitterRedditWhatsAppTelegramLinkedInEmailCopy Link
Go Back
Written by

David Searl

You and the law in spain Send your questions for David Searl through lawyers Ubeda-Retana and Associates in Fuengirola at [email protected], or call 952 667 090.


    Leave a comment

    Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *