EXCLUSIVE: Costa del Sol expat faces constant threat of floods

A MANILVA expatriate is furious at the lack of aid he has received after flooding to his property cost him €60,000.

Peter Fake, 62, lives in a bungalow in the picturesque Hacienda Guadalupe urbanisation, but his Spanish dream home is being ruined by water damage which rots his furniture and has caused a wall to collapse.

Previous inhabitants did not report any issues but the property was vacant for nine months before the tyre store owner purchased it in 2010. And during that period a neighbour built a wall which has resulted in torrents of water streaming into his bungalow.


Water gushing in


Peter told the Euro Weekly News: “It gushes in through the bedroom, the whole house floods unless I shut the door.

“It can get about 20 centimetres high and the furniture ends up floating, it’s terrible!”

As the seventh owner of the property built in 1984, Peter insists there was no previous water damage. He secured a Mayoral Decree to correct the problem but when he started work, his neighbour filed a police complaint which resulted in a judge ruling against Peter and forcing him to stop.

“The courts are deliberately condemning my property.”

Peter has tried everything to solve the issue but is sick of being passed from pillar-to-post with law firms taking his money and officials neglecting to aid him whilst his costs increase.

He also lives in constant dread of rain. He claims that all that needs to be done is for sufficient drainage to be put in place, diverting the water away from his home, but nobody will answer his plight.


Water damage

FacebookTwitterRedditWhatsAppTelegramLinkedInEmailCopy Link
Go Back
Written by

Euro Weekly News Media

Share your story with us by emailing [email protected], by calling +34 951 38 61 61 or by messaging our Facebook page www.facebook.com/EuroWeeklyNews


    • Dave

      05 October 2017 • 17:35

      Would be worth finding out if the wall the neighbour built had permission and whether or not the council inspected to see what was being built and if it would affect a neighbour.

      If not – possibly denouncing the neighbour and or going to regional court (not local) might be a forward option.


    Leave a comment

    Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *