Boy loses a hand when firecracker explodes in Spain

UK Government to fund £1.5 billion to upgrade 130,000 social housing properties Credit: Ink Drop/Shutterstock.com

A THIRTEEN-YEAR-OLD boy has lost a hand after a firecracker exploded while he was handling it.

The accident happened in the city of Jaen in Andalucia, southern Spain on Christmas Eve.

A witness to the incident alerted the emergency services but, before they arrived, the boy was transferred to hospital by his family.

After undergoing emergency surgery doctors had to amputate the left hand due to the severity of the injury.

He also suffered injuries to his chest and eyes.

The boy is in a stable condition and recovering in the Hospital Materno-Infantil in Jaen.

FacebookTwitterRedditWhatsAppTelegramLinkedInEmailCopy Link
Go Back
Written by

Euro Weekly News Media

Share your story with us by emailing [email protected], by calling +34 951 38 61 61 or by messaging our Facebook page www.facebook.com/EuroWeeklyNews

Comments


    Leave a comment

    Your email address will not be published.