How can he report water run-off?

PROBLEM: Mould spots on the inside of a wall.... (File Image) Photo Credit: Shutterstock


I live on the first floor of an apartment and there are mould spots on the inside of a wall. 

It appears that the cause is a retractable awning (toldo) from the neighbor’s that is always open. When it rains, the water runs against our apartment wall and causes seepage. To whom can I report this problem? The apartment of the neighbor is practically never occupied (holiday home) and belongs to another block of flats.
J.M. (Costa Blanca)
ANSWER: You need to report the problem to the president or the administrator of the Community of Property Owners of the apartment block next door. Even if the owner of the flat is not present, the awning is finally the responsibility of the community because it is attached to the outside of the building. The other community will have an address for the administrator or a location of the president. It would be a good idea to put your problem in writing in Spanish, as well as speaking to someone in charge. If the owner of the flat hears of the problem from his president, this will sound more official than a complaint from a neighbor.
Send your questions for David Searl through lawyers Ubeda-Retana and Associates in Fuengirola at [email protected], or call 952 667 090.

FacebookTwitterRedditWhatsAppTelegramLinkedInEmailCopy Link
Go Back
Written by

David Searl

You and the law in spain Send your questions for David Searl through lawyers Ubeda-Retana and Associates in Fuengirola at [email protected], or call 952 667 090.


    Leave a comment

    Your email address will not be published.