By Euro Weekly News Media • 18 October 2018 • 11:10
Image of a bird rescued by Royal Gibraltar Police.
Credit: [email protected]
A 16-MONTH-OLD baby died last night (Wednesday) at her family home in Madrid when her neck became entangled with the cord of a blind.
The incident occurred in the Barajas area as reported by the emergency services.
It is believed that the baby girl attempted to climb out of her cot and was accidentally strangled by a blind cord upon doing so.
Summa 112 paramedics responded to an emergency call but reported the baby girl was in cardiorespiratory arrest.
After attempting several resuscitation manoeuvres to save the 16-month-old’s life they were unable to revive her.
Psychologists in Madrid are taking care of the parents of the girl and her caretaker.
National Police will now conduct their mandatory investigation to discover the exact circumstances of the little girl’s death.
Share this story
Subscribe to our Euro Weekly News alerts to get the latest stories into your inbox!
By signing up, you will create a Euro Weekly News account if you don’t already have one. Review our
Share your story with us by emailing [email protected], by calling +34 951 38 61 61 or by messaging our Facebook page www.facebook.com/EuroWeeklyNews
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *
Downlaod our media pack in either English or Spanish.