By Euro Weekly News Media • 06 November 2018 • 17:58
ORIGIN: It looks like the fire started in the kitchen extractor fan
Credit: Guardia Civil
A MOTHER and two children needed hospital treatment for smoke inhalation following a fire in a house in the centre of Vera in Almeria province.
When Guardia Civil arrived at the scene they couldn’t see any flames, but there was smoke billowing out of the property.
Realising there were still a number of people inside they went in, quickly opening windows and turning off the electricity as it looked like the origin of the fire was the kitchen extractor fan.
A search of the property led to the discovery of the woman and her small children, who had all inhaled a large amount of smoke.
They found one of the children in bed semi-conscious and unresponsive and rapidly got the child outside where the medical services managed to revive him.
All three were taken to Huercal-Overa hospital.
Share this story
Subscribe to our Euro Weekly News alerts to get the latest stories into your inbox!
By signing up, you will create a Euro Weekly News account if you don’t already have one. Review our
Share your story with us by emailing [email protected], by calling +34 951 38 61 61 or by messaging our Facebook page www.facebook.com/EuroWeeklyNews
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *
Download our media pack in either English or Spanish.