British teen dies in ‘substance’ fuelled, 16-hour rave while celebrating A-level results in Spain

AN INQUEST has found that a teenager died on holiday in Spain after finishing his A-Levels, having taken a “substance” at a 16-hour rave in “unbearable heat.”
Alex Masterton, 19, from North Thoresby in Lincolnshire, died at the Elrow club in Barcelona in July 2017.
The inquest into his death yesterday (Thursday) concluded it was due to “misadventure” after he took an unnamed substance.
Alex was a popular student who was just weeks away from starting a biomedical science degree at Newcastle University, but became disorientated and distressed in the sweltering heat of the club.
According to his friends, Alex had taken “pills” thought to be ecstasy, but Coroner Paul Kelly did not confirm this.
The Elrow club’s anniversary event ran for 16 hours and included three music stages, art installations and food stalls, but bottled water reportedly costed around €4.

FacebookTwitterRedditWhatsAppTelegramLinkedInEmailCopy Link
Go Back
Written by

Euro Weekly News Media

Share your story with us by emailing [email protected], by calling +34 951 38 61 61 or by messaging our Facebook page