By Euro Weekly News Media • 09 December 2018 • 9:00
RESCUED: The area of Campello where the fire broke out last Saturday evening
Photo credit: Google Maps
TWO people have been injured and an apartment gutted after a fire in a back street in Campello on the Costa Blanca.
According to reports, the blaze on the first floor began just before midnight last Saturday evening due to a discarded cigarette end.
Several neighbours in the three-storey block with 12 homes on Carrer Victor Samuel Riquelme had to be rescued by firefighters as the strength of the fire and the thick smoke prevented them leaving by normal means.
The blaze was quickly brought under control and firefighters were able to rescue three people and a dog that had made their way to the roof.
The two injured people were the resident of the first-floor apartment where the fire started and another who suffered from the effects of smoke inhalation.
Share this story
Subscribe to our Euro Weekly News alerts to get the latest stories into your inbox!
By signing up, you will create a Euro Weekly News account if you don’t already have one. Review our
Share your story with us by emailing [email protected], by calling +34 951 38 61 61 or by messaging our Facebook page www.facebook.com/EuroWeeklyNews
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *
Download our media pack in either English or Spanish.