By Euro Weekly News Media • 03 January 2019 • 10:51
TWO teenage girls have been praised for saving the life of the father of one of the 13 year-olds after rescuing him from a fire at the family home in Guadalajara.
The cause of the blaze is believed to have been a stove in the living room on the ground floor of the 52 year-old’s home at Las Castillas urbanisation in Torrejon del Rey.
A spokesperson for Azuqueca de Henares Fire Service said the girls’ quick actions in getting the man out of the property and calling emergency services, ‘saved the man’s life’.
He was then taken to the University Hospital of Guadalajara, where he was stabilised and kept under observation for smoke poisoning.
The rescued man’s daughter was treated at the scene for smoke inhalation at the scene.
Guardia Civil, Azuqueca de Henares fire fighters, an emergency doctor, a mobile ICU and a basic life support ambulance were involved in dealing with the emergency.
Share this story
Subscribe to our Euro Weekly News alerts to get the latest stories into your inbox!
By signing up, you will create a Euro Weekly News account if you don’t already have one. Review our
Share your story with us by emailing [email protected], by calling +34 951 38 61 61 or by messaging our Facebook page www.facebook.com/EuroWeeklyNews
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *
Download our media pack in either English or Spanish.