By Joe Gerrard • 20 February 2019 • 16:44
CLOSE CALL: Teenager in Costa Blanca brought back to life.
POLICE have launched an investigation into a Torremolinos pool after a group of Swiss teenagers began feeling dizzy and vomiting after swimming in it.
Local and National Police officers said the incident is suspected to have been caused by a chlorine leak at the pool which has since been closed.
The group of 19 girls, aged between 12 and 15, began feeling sick after swimming in the public pool on Avenida de San Anton at around 9.40am. The schoolgirls were on a trip to the Costa del Sol at the time.
Lifeguards called emergency services who later took 10 of the girls to Malaga City’s Maternal and Children’s Hospital.
Two have since been discharged, according to hospital sources.
Share this story
Subscribe to our Euro Weekly News alerts to get the latest stories into your inbox!
By signing up, you will create a Euro Weekly News account if you don't already have one. Review our
Share your story with us by emailing email@example.com, by calling +34 951 38 61 61 or by messaging our Facebook page www.facebook.com/EuroWeeklyNews
Download our media pack in either English or Spanish.