By Euro Weekly News Media •
Published: 20 Feb 2019 • 15:40
HEALTH CENTRE EVACUATED: The blaze started in a false ceiling near a computer room. File image. Photo credit: Shutterstock
FIREFIGHTERS and police have evacuated more than 100 people from a health centre in Spain today (Wednesday) after a fire broke out.
An electrical fire that started in a false ceiling near a computer room of the centre in the Los Angeles neighbourhood of Alicante forced the organised evacuation as a preventative measure.
Emergency services were alerted after a strong smell of burning was detected.
All staff and patients were safely evacuated without injuries.
An electrician is reviewing the entire electrical installation to find out the cause of the fire.
Share this story
Subscribe to our Euro Weekly News alerts to get the latest stories into your inbox!
By signing up, you will create a Euro Weekly News account if you don't already have one. Review our
Share your story with us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org, by calling +34 951 38 61 61 or by messaging our Facebook page www.facebook.com/EuroWeeklyNews
Download our media pack in either English or Spanish.