Costa Blanca town hall to pay owner of dog electrocuted by faulty street light

DOG ELECTROCUTED: A town hall spokesperson said that they would not appeal the ruling. Photo: Shutterstock

THE COURTS in Valencia have condemned the town hall of Pobla de Farnals, a small municipality to the north of Valencia, to pay compensation to the owner of a dog who was electrocuted by a faulty street light.

The town hall must pay the owner the sum of 7,585 euro in compensation, after the dog was killed after touching the lamppost which was in a bad state of repair.

A town hall spokesperson said that they would not appeal the ruling and have in fact already paid the compensation following the tragic event, stating that they are “really, we’re very sorry”, for what happened.

Heavy rain had resulted in a puddle forming around the post, and because the electrical system was so deteriorated, it made contact with the water which, in turn, electrocuted the dog.

FacebookTwitterRedditWhatsAppTelegramLinkedInEmailCopy Link
Go Back
Written by

Euro Weekly News Media

Share your story with us by emailing [email protected], by calling +34 951 38 61 61 or by messaging our Facebook page www.facebook.com/EuroWeeklyNews

Comments


    Leave a comment

    Your email address will not be published.