Chemistry class evacuated and students rushed to hospital after inhaling toxic gases

TREATMENT: Pupils from CEIP Xaloc were taken to hospital. Photo credit: Facebook / Amipa Ceip Xaloc

NINE students from a public school in Calvia were taken to Son Espases hospital after breathing toxic gases during a chemistry class.
In total, 11 pupils were affected when chemicals were mixed by mistake producing harmful gases.
On realising the children aged between 11 and 13 were suffering an adverse reaction, the teacher evacuated the class to the playground at the CEIP Xaloc de Peguera.
The students’ condition is not believed to be serious.

FacebookTwitterRedditWhatsAppTelegramLinkedInEmailCopy Link
Go Back
Written by

Tara Rippin

Tara Rippin is a reporter for Spain’s largest English-speaking newspaper, Euro Weekly News, and is responsible for the Costa Blanca region.
She has been in journalism for more than 20 years, having worked for local newspapers in the Midlands, UK, before relocating to Spain in 1990.
Since arriving, the mother-of-one has made her home on the Costa Blanca, while spending 18 months at the EWN head office in Fuengirola on the Costa del Sol.
She loves being part of a community that has a wonderful expat and Spanish mix, and strives to bring the latest and most relevant news to EWN’s loyal and valued readers.

Share your story with us by emailing [email protected], by calling +34 951 38 61 61 or by messaging our Facebook page www.facebook.com/EuroWeeklyNews

Comments


    Leave a comment

    Your email address will not be published.