By Euro Weekly News Media • 27 March 2019 • 17:30
BEACH BLAZES: The Guardia Civil said it is searching for those responsible.
UCIN Rincón de la Victoria
POLICE in Torre de Benagalbon are investigating after a beach bar was allegedly intentionally burned down.
The Guardia Civil said it is searching for those responsible for the suspect arson at a bar which was due to open last week for the summer season.
The business, owned by 30-year-old Estefania Griñan, is reportedly the third of its kind to be intentionally burned down on the Costa del Sol this year.
The first, in Rincon de la Victoria, burned down at the beginning of February, while the second, in Marbella, caught fire on February 19.
Ms Griñan told Spanish media: “We will not be able to open, we have nothing left, because it is a wooden beach bar, insurance companies did not want to cover it.”
She added: “My parents set it up, first they started with a kiosk, and little by little we enlarged it, to the 150 square metres that I had.”
Share this story
Subscribe to our Euro Weekly News alerts to get the latest stories into your inbox!
By signing up, you will create a Euro Weekly News account if you don’t already have one. Review our
Share your story with us by emailing [email protected], by calling +34 951 38 61 61 or by messaging our Facebook page www.facebook.com/EuroWeeklyNews
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *
Download our media pack in either English or Spanish.