By Euro Weekly News Media • 29 April 2019 • 16:00
POSIDONIA-WATCH: Inspecting Posidonia in the Cabo de Gata-Nijar marine reserve
Photo credit: Junta de Andalucia
TWO premature babies have died in the Hospital Vall d’Hebron in Barcelona due to an intestinal inflammation that was complicated by a bacterium.
Sources from the hospital stated that the babies, one weighing 500 grams and the other just under 700 grams, were in a fragile condition.
The cause of death was an enterocolitis that was aggravated by the presence of the bacteria known as Klebsiella.
Another three babies have since been isolated at the centre.
Share this story
Subscribe to our Euro Weekly News alerts to get the latest stories into your inbox!
By signing up, you will create a Euro Weekly News account if you don’t already have one. Review our
Share your story with us by emailing [email protected], by calling +34 951 38 61 61 or by messaging our Facebook page www.facebook.com/EuroWeeklyNews
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *
Downlaod our media pack in either English or Spanish.