By Euro Weekly News Media •
Published: 10 Jun 2019 • 15:36
THREE British children from two families have been taken to hospital after catching a suspected sickness bud in a five-star Menorca resort.
Louise Hunter, 36, from St Helens, Merseyside woke up vomiting in her sleep to then find her daughters suffering from diarrhoea. She claimed both children were taken to the local hospital and given medication during their more than €2,241 all-inclusive holiday.
Jade Fullbrook, 33, from Dorset said she and her 10-year-old were left with acute gastroenteritis a few days later. She said: “the sickness bug completely ruined our all-inclusive holiday.”
A TUI UK spokesperson said: “We are very sorry to hear of the customers’ experiences on their holiday. We´d like to reassure customers that we regularly audit all of our hotels in respect of health and safety, including hygiene.”
Both families are now seeking compensation.
Share this story
Subscribe to our Euro Weekly News alerts to get the latest stories into your inbox!
By signing up, you will create a Euro Weekly News account if you don't already have one. Review our
Share your story with us by emailing email@example.com, by calling +34 951 38 61 61 or by messaging our Facebook page www.facebook.com/EuroWeeklyNews
Download our media pack in either English or Spanish.