By Euro Weekly News Media • 24 June 2019 • 19:18
Coronavirus Cluster: Began at a San Juan Party
AN 83-year-old man celebrating San Juan in Torrevieja fell into a bonfire and a nine-year-old boy has died after choking on a hot dog during the fiestas in Telde.
The Centro de Información y Coordinación de Urgencias (the Information and Coordination Centre of Emergency; CICU) received the urgent call that an 83-year-old man had fallen into the open flames at 12.30am in the morning.
The gentleman was initially transferred to the Hospital of Torrevieja and later reportedly to the General Hospital of Alicante for burns and alcohol poisoning.
Although the emergency services were able to save the elderly man they were unable to save the life of a nine-year-old boy who chocked to death on a hot dog the same night in a beach bar of San Juan Bautista, in the Canary municipality of Telde.
After receiving the warning, two ambulances from the Canary Emergency Services were dispatched, though despite their efforts they were unable to save the boy’s life.
The city council of Telde declared 48 hours of official mourning in the municipality and suspended all celebrations.
Share this story
Subscribe to our Euro Weekly News alerts to get the latest stories into your inbox!
By signing up, you will create a Euro Weekly News account if you don’t already have one. Review our
Share your story with us by emailing [email protected], by calling +34 951 38 61 61 or by messaging our Facebook page www.facebook.com/EuroWeeklyNews
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *
Downlaod our media pack in either English or Spanish.