By Dilip Kuner • 23 July 2019 • 19:30
OVERDOSE: Woman spent a day in hospital before she died.
Credit: Twitter @aytovvaserena
A 28-year-old woman has died after taking an accidental overdose of a slimming product.
Teresa CP passed away in the Hospital Don Benito-Villanueva (Badajoz) with the cause being given tentatively as acute intoxication by lipoic acid, a food product used to lose weight and as a vitamin supplement. A post mortem examination is being carried out.
The woman died on the morning of July 19, a day after entering the hospital. Apparently, the woman, who was a nurse, mistakenly took a much higher dose than recommended after buying the product over the Internet.
She went into a coma and despite resuscitation efforts suffered brain death due to multiorgan failure approximately 24 hours after her admission.
This product is often used by athletes, especially fitness practitioners, as an antioxidant and food supplement. The dosage is usually one or two capsules daily with food or immediately after. The amount the victim took is not known at present.
Share this story
Subscribe to our Euro Weekly News alerts to get the latest stories into your inbox!
By signing up, you will create a Euro Weekly News account if you don’t already have one. Review our
Share your story with us by emailing [email protected], by calling +34 951 38 61 61 or by messaging our Facebook page www.facebook.com/EuroWeeklyNews
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *
Downlaod our media pack in either English or Spanish.