By Dilip Kuner • 27 August 2019 • 21:12
Fans in horror as 42-year-old pop star has an allergic reaction. Image: Brian McFadden/Instagram
AT least 14 babies in Andalucia have been affected my ‘werewolf syndrome’ after taking contaminated anti-reflux medicine distributed by a Malaga company.
Called hypertrichosis, the condition leads to excessive hair growth in parts of the body where it should not be present, such as all over the face.
After an analysis carried out by the Spanish Agency for Medicines and Health Products (AEMPS), it was detected that these preparations, intended to treat gastric reflux in infants, contained minoxidil, an active ingredient used to combat alopecia.
These cases led to the withdrawal of a total of 23 batches of Omeprazol from the company Farma-Química Sur, two of which had tested positive for minoxidil, while the others were removed from the market as a preventative measure. They had been distributed to about 30 pharmacies.
Health authorities say that the babies affected should return to normal and lose the excessive hair.
Share this story
Subscribe to our Euro Weekly News alerts to get the latest stories into your inbox!
By signing up, you will create a Euro Weekly News account if you don’t already have one. Review our
Share your story with us by emailing [email protected], by calling +34 951 38 61 61 or by messaging our Facebook page www.facebook.com/EuroWeeklyNews
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *
Download our media pack in either English or Spanish.