Smarter streets in Albox

IMPROVEMENTS: The works included repaving streets and smartening up public fountains CREDIT: Albox Council

STREETS, rural roads and public fountains in Albox have been smartened up thanks to a series of works financed in great part by subsidies under the 2018/19 Rural Employment Development Programme.
Albox Council received €253,200 in total for works including repaving or installing pavements on roads in a number of areas of the municipality and for improvements to the del Marques, Carmen, San Rafael, Colora, Del Medio, Santa Barbara, Santa Rosa, Pleito, Los Caños, Demetrio, Los Feos, Del Bollo, Los Muertos, del Mojon, Capita and Llano de los Olleres natural fountains.
The Junta de Andalucia’s Presidency and Local Administration department subsidized 75 per cent of the cost of the works materials and the Almeria provincial council the remaining 25 per cent. The Employment Ministry subsidised 45 per cent of the cost of contracting personnel, while Albox council was responsible for the other 55 per cent. 

FacebookTwitterRedditWhatsAppTelegramLinkedInEmailCopy Link
Go Back
Written by

Cathy Elelman

Cathy Elelman is the local writer for the Costa de Almeria edition of the Euro Weekly News.

Based in Mojacar for the last 21 years, Cathy is very much part of the local community and is always well and truly up on all the latest news and events going on in this region of Spain.

Her top goals are to do the best job she can informing the local English-speaking community, visitors to the area and the wider world about about the news in Almeria, to learn something new every day, and to embrace very new challenge this fast-changing world brings her way.

Share your story with us by emailing [email protected], by calling +34 951 38 61 61 or by messaging our Facebook page www.facebook.com/EuroWeeklyNews

Comments


    Leave a comment

    Your email address will not be published.